Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

United Van Lines in Evergreen, Colorado - United Ripped Off My 83 Year Old Mom

United Van Lines and UniGroup has refused repeatedly to correctly process and appropriately compensate my 83-year-old mother for a legitimate claim for loss under a Full Replacement Value Coverage we purchased from United Van Lines when moving her from Texas to Colorado in March of last year. We have addressed this issue with over a dozen employees of United Van Lines, from the salesman who sold us coverage and services, to the President of the sub, Suddath Relocation, to multiple claims adjusters. We have sent letters to the Pres and Chairman of the Board of UniGroup. The company initially rejected her claim, then offered $250, then upped it to $750, then to $1200, calling it a “good will gesture”. We are completely blown away that this supposedly legitimate company would take such tactics, when faced with simply processing a claim for loss of goods. Our claim is for $2411.

Remember a lot of homeowners insurance companies will cover losses while moving at full replacement as if it burned in a fire if it is a total loss and they can't repair. There are limits so does t apply to antiques etc.

Deductible applies. Check it out

kd5118

Ok, we have an update. United finally paid off the claim, a year later. Their tactic is to wear you out, hoping you will drop the claim, or "settle" as if this were some kind of law suit, as opposed to a legitimate claim. They tried every sleezy tactic in the book to keep us from getting the claim settled, and/or forcing us into arbitration. We kept insisting that this was not a legal suit , but a legitimate claim for loss and/or damages, covered by our contract and further covered by an "insurance" policy. We later discovered that the fine print on our contract eliminates our ability to sue them in court and instead use arbitration. THe company is using this tactic to force EVERYONE, even legitimate claimants to arbitration, which is a PAIN IN THE *** and certainly set to favor the mover. They then play on your desire to get it over with to settle for pennies on the dollar.

WRITE LETTERS TO YOUR CONGRESSMAN! This is a shameful practice that hurts consumers and allows a predatory company to provide sloppy and damaging services, while pretending to "take care of your precious household goods". They are making tons of money by selling bogus insurance and by refusing to pay claims for loss and damage. United is probably just one clear example of this, but certainly they are the poster child for Predatory Business Practices.

Write your congressmen, the FMCSA and anyone else you can!

kd5118
@kd5118

Also, if anyone wants the email and/or mailing address of the UniGroup Board and/or officers, let me know and I will post if that is okay with the web master.

View more comments (2)
Loss

United Van Lines in Denver, Colorado - Driver ran red light, almost hit me

In Lafayette, CO, at 2:15 PM, a united van lines driver ran a time red light and almost hit me. I had to slam on my brakes to avoid a collision. I did not catch the license plate, but I did see what seemed to be an ID number On the back door. The number was 604078. The driver seemed to have only barely noticed the fact that he ran a red light and almost hit at least two cars. In avoiding the crash, another car almost went into the traffic light pole. I am not pleased At all.

You weren't on the cell phone by any chance were you?

sorry, but stay out of our way, we are the king's of the road, we own the road. if were there, its our turf

United Van Lines in Columbus, Ohio - Unsafe driving habits of United VanLines

On September 4, 2012, in Erie PA, I was driving to work on West 26th Street (going east to west). The driver of the United Van Lines truck came off of the highway onto West 26th Street and proceeded to merge from the right lane to the middle lane and then the left lane without any turn signals. I honked my horn and he ignored me. Then, he merged from that lane to a turning lane (again with out turn signals), realized a mistake and came back into my lane. Thankfully I realized early on that he was an unsafe driver and was staying far away from him. I am tired of truck drivers complaining about drivers, when they are no better.

I'm a UVL driver, I'll give you my address anytime, why don't you come by for a visit, let me show you why you shouldn't bash us

Beware United Van Lines Truck Drivers

On July 13, 2012 at 10:45 a.m., I was driving in the slow lane along east bound Reservation Road outside of Marina, California, when a United Van Lines semi-truck and trailer next to me in the fast lane decided to change lanes all of a sudden forcing me off of the roadway. I had my son and daughter in the car and honked my horn but the driver kept merging so I slammed on the brakes while pulling completely off of the pavement and onto the sandy shoulder. Had I not done so there would have been a collision and there would have been injuires or worse. I guess the driver did not see me or hear my horn which I feel reflects badly on United Van Lines truck drivers. The trailer license plate number was California 4JX1953. The driver was obviously lost as he pulled back into the fast lane and then turned onto Imjim Road a short way down the roadway so there was no reason to merge into my lane of traffic.

the same thing happened to me October 22, 2014 in Florida. I was in the center lane of a three lane highway and a united vanlines unit (tractor 396311) abruptly moved into my lane with no signal and no warning, forcing me into the left hand lane that already had cars in it.

Thankfully, there was no accident, but it would have been ugly. As we proceeded down the highway I observed that this driver changed lanes several times for no discernable reason, and did not use flashers consistently.

As a UVL driver for suddath ( the largest agent of united) I must say, yes their are some bad drivers, however ALWAYS REMEMBER....WE HAVE 18 WHEELS, UP TO 40 TON WHICH IS 80,000 POUNDS, 400-600 HORSEPOWER AND 2,250 FT.LB OF TORQUE, AND A DESTINATION TO REACH. With that being said, IF you are on OUR interstate , yes OUR interstate we do own it !!!

NOT YOU , IF your on it, move the *** out of our way. I am personally friends with bill Johnson the CEO at headquarters in Fenton,MO so wanna get me fired, good luck. WE OWN THE ROAD , THERES ALWAYS MORE TRUCKS THAN CARS !!! WE PAY ROAD TAX BY THE MILE, AND SPEND MORE MONEY IN EVERY STATE WE GO IN EACH TIME THAN ANY OF YOU NON DRIVING BASTARDS IN YOUR LITTLE 4 AND 6 WHEEL'D CARS AND TRUCKS DO IN 1 MONTH !!!

IF YOU GOT IT A TRUCK BROUGHT IT, WITHOUT TRUCKS AMERICA STOPS, EVERYTHING YOU HAVE AND OWN WAS ONCE ON A TRUCK, YOUR SHOES, YOUR CLOTHES, YOUR CAR, YOUR FOOD, THE PARTS USED TO BUILD YOUR HOUSE, YOUR TRAILER IF YOUR TRAILER TRASH, YOUR TRASH CAN, YOUR TOILET, EVEN THE TOILET PAPER YOU USE TO WIPE YOUR *** !!!

QUIT *** ABOUT TRUCKS AND STAY OFF OF OUR INTERSTATES AND FREEWAYS !!! WE TRUCKERS HATE PEOPLE IN 4 WHEELERS, AND NEED TO RIOT AGAINST ALL OF YOU. IF YOU AINT A TRUCKER YOU AINT ***, THATS WHY YOU DONT HAVE A CLASS (A) CDL, CANT DRIVE A TRUCK, DONT DRIVE A TRUCK, SIT IN AN OFFICE, WEAR A SUIT AND TIE, ETC.. YOUR TOO *** TO BE ABLE TO DO WHAT WE DO, WERE GONE FROM OUR FAMILIES FOR WEEKS AND MONTHS AT A TIME TO TAKE OF YALL'S NEEDY ***'S.

WE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MILITARY,,,HOW?? BECAUSE WE SUPPLY AND DELIVER THEIR AMMUNITION, MOVE THEM FROM 1 BASE TO THE NEXT, SHIP THEIR CLOTHES TOO THEM, THEIR FOOD, ETC. THE MILITARY IS IMPORTANT YES, BUT WITHOUT TRUCKS AND TRUCK DRIVERS,,THEY STARVE TO DEATH !!!

JUST LIKE YALL. HONESTLY YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE KISSIN OUR ***'S,,LITERALLY

I am a representative for United Van Lines, and we are sorry to hear about this. United Van Lines takes matters of safety very seriously.

Thank you for providing us information. We will investigate.

View more comments (2)
Review
#331928 Review #331928 is a subjective opinion of poster.

United Van Lines (worst experience ever)

I hired United Van Lines to move my goods from Houston to New York. It was the worst experience ever. To begin with, they scheduled the delivery one day, but it never arrived. We called them back, and they scheduled to make the delivery two days later, but the goods did not arrive again. This time, without even notice. Even worst, the agents Trease Sinclair and Karyn Cloyd would not respond our calls. I tried calling customer service, but they were not either very helpfull thus far. The company is not professional at all. During the packing process, the experience was great, but once they collected the payment, they didn't care at all. It became hard to reach our contact agents, and they made me loose a lot of time due to their lack of organization. In the last three years I moved 5 times, and this was the worst experience ever. I have not received a response yet from their Corporate division. As you can notice, the overall rating for this company is the worst. I hope nobody faces this problems.

United drivers are the same as all truck drivers. There are blind spots when using the mirrors on the trucks and many times they can not see vehicles beside them.

All United Van Lines bait and switch tactics

These guys should be turned into the better business bureau. Do NOT use them. I was moving everything from one storage locker to another, from Washington to Calif. I provided them with a detailed spreadsheet of what was in the locker. Once they got to the locker, two hours late, they DOUBLED my estimate, which was contractually not to exceed 10% of the quote. They not only did not honor this, but could not tell me why the estimate was so far off. Since I had flown up to Seattle for the move, I tried to reconcile with the management for another half an hour over the phone, only to get more run around. They started to try and bargain with me and that's when I told them to forget the move. Bait and Switch!

Is the company name "All United Van Lines?" I am a representative for "United Van Lines." If this was our company, we certainly want to know about this and correct the issue. You can contact us at feedback@unitedvanlines.com.

If it was not United Van Lines, we have a nonprofit organization that assists people in your situation.

It's called MoveRescue. You can find the contact information at moverescue.org.

As a mover who takes pride in the industry, I get very tired of hearing about these scams. Do everything in your power to report this company to the proper authorities.

And remember, one common trick these rogues use is to mimic a reputable mover's name. As a member of United Van Lines, this isn't the first time I've heard of "All United Van Lines" ripping off a customer.

United Van Lines broke my furniture and blamed me

United Van Lines broke the legs off a buffet server during a long distance move. They alleged the legs were broken when they picked this up. This is a total lie. The legs were broken by the crew that picked up the piece and brought it into storage. The delivery crew told us when they picked up the furniture from storage it was they only piece in my shipment still wrapped in blankets. They removed the blankets because they belonged to the original crew--- the legs fell out. They felt that the pick up crew was trying to hide the damage in order to put the blame on them. I am outraged at the lies an deceipt perpetrated by a large allegedly professional moving company. They are refusing to make restitution because they said we signed the inventory which stated the damage. The inventory is totally illegible and is thrust in your face to sign as the mover is walking out the door. If in fact there was such devastating damage why wouldn't the mover have brought this to my attention so as to preclude any issue of liability later on. This was just an unmitigated lie by the crew to hide major damage perpetrated by them.

QUIT WHINING, or next time do it yourself with a U-HAUL

UNITED VAN LINES POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE/BAIT AND SWITCH SERVICE

Complaint Description: On 6-9-1011, I was contacted by Mr Robert Igneri to discuss plans for my upcoming military move. I spoke with Mr Igneri and informed him that I had already found a company and had placed a deposit of 200. He asked how much I had paid for the move to which I replied 1400. Mr Igneri stated "baby I can beat that price by 100 dollars and I am good looking." He also stated that he could deliver on the same day as the previous carrier. He used the old bait n switch move on me

My experience with United Van lines was horrid. The company mission statements states they provide “superior service to every customer, every time, creating customers for life”

First of all they fumbled the ball by not meeting the agreed delivery date. After being notified the agreed delivery date would not be met, I was assured three more dates that my household good would be delivered. Today is the fourth promised date, still no definite arrival for today either. My hopes have been crushed too many times. I would sum up their service us unreliable and unprofessional.

To make matters worse, the customer service department at United Van Lines is not good….take that back its terrible. Never before have I been treated so poorly by a customer service department. I was hung up sever times, called belligerent. I was told me to stop calling because I was tying up their lines. I even spoke with a superior in the customer service department. The customer service agents routinely cut me off when speaking. My concerns were not important to United Van Lines. I felt rather bullied by their customer service department.

It appears to me the entire agency is unprofessional when it comes to customer service as well as the actual moving services they provide.

I would never recommend United Van Lines. Do your research! One of the customer service agents actually stated “ we have enough people already not liking us”

I am a spokesperson for United Van Lines. Robert Igneri is not an agent for

United Van Lines. There are several companies with similar names. This individual may work with other companies unrelated to United Van Lines. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad moving

experience. If you feel like you’ve been taken advantage of by a disreputable mover, United Van Lines

sponsors a program called MoveRescue that helps victims of mover fraud. You can learn more and contact

the program at www.moverescue.com.

In the future, if you’d like to make sure you’re moving with a genuine United Van Lines agent, please check the list of authorized agents on our website www.UnitedVanLines.com.

Suddath, Very Unproffessional/United Van Lines

First off pack crew, loading crew both showed up hours late. Our sales person (Caroline) assured us we would have no problems, Well found out talk was cheap, Services we requested like having certain items, pictures crated were never set up or done. After she once again promised us the service. Due to her not setting up the service, we had several pictures broken, and furniture we wanted crated damaged. After leaving several messages for her to return our call, it looks like we will not get one. This is by far the worst move we have ever had to deal with, Thanks To Caroline who by the way is out of there Jacksonville Fl. office. Her promises were no more then just lies. The crew we were sent were rude, I never heard so much cussing, swearing in my life as these people did. They had no respect for us, my children. Besides the damaged items, we had several boxes delivered that were now open, We have no idea or way of knowing what was taking out of them. Very displeased with Suddath/United, But i know now it will be the last time we use or recommend Suddath/United to any one whos moving.

I drive for suddath agent 283, out of Minneapolis, you are a prime example of why I quit moving furniture and switched to better paying electronics and climate controlled. 98% of all my customers were false claim happy bastards.

always trying to claim me, just like 1 customer I moved from greencastle Delaware to shoreline,wa. complete claim happy, scandalous piece of *** sorry, but its the truth. Even Bill Johnson, (the ceo of united) knows how scandalous over half of you all are, but its a money making business.

NOW IF YOUR BEING LEGIT, I'm SORRY, but others that file false claims have ruined it for the honest ones. I got promoted for backing over this 1 customer's garbage that had ripped UVL off many times in the past, bill moved me up and gave me a new trailer to pull, with a sticker that says " United van lines, NOT United Sanitation Lines, this van contains NO GARBAGE AKA FURNITURE / HOUSEHOLD

Review
In March 2008 I hired Wade Odell, a United Van Lines agent in Midland Park, NJ, to move me from Lyndhurst NJ to Denver CO. I interviewed 4 movers and specifically choose Wade Odell due to their affiliation with United Van Lines. The movers arrived 1 ½ days late....

I work for United Van Lines and I have had to go on jobs to replace Mayflower Drivers ,because ,the customer was scared off by the crew and truck appearance.I guess some movers do not care about there work or appearance.Those companies give us all a bad name.Sorry,you had such an undesirable move.

View more comments
Review
#120069 Review #120069 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss