1325 Carrier Dr, Charlotte, NC 28216, USA

Family moved to Charlotte, NC from Newport Beach California 3 years ago and the move went so well, nothing missing or damaged. Fast forward to August 6, 2018 when we made the worst decision of our lives to hire United Hilldrup Van Lines to move our household items back to CA.

I was shown colored pictures of how they protect your furniture and other large items that cannot be boxed. Shown detailed photos of how it is loaded and shipped in their trucks, this is why we decided to go with them. FALSE ADVERTISING AND LIES!!!!! So the sting of having to pay $2,500 more for their great service and reputation really hurts now that most of the items that were not in boxes came damaged or did not come at all!

Thank goodness I packed the boxes really well because they looked pretty bad upon delivery. Lost end table, mirrors, 2 boxes with pictures and personal items that cannot be replaced. Damaged kids 1 year old bikes so bad had to have them repaired as were crushed pretty bad in the truck. Which brings me to their truck...I was asked to go inside to help locate my items and what I saw was disgusting!

How the items were thrown inside and just dumped on anything without thought, no wonder why my items came in the condition they did. They shrink wrapped my couch and chairs but most of the wrapping was torn so my new furniture is now dirty and ripped. Piano bench and cord missing to Yamaha Clavinova piano. Driver calls 11 days later saying he found the bench and will bring it.

Ordered the new cord and tested piano, sound now garbled and low - PIANO MUST HAVE BEEN DROPPED!!! What the heck! Damaged so many other furniture pieces, too many to notate. Why did we bother moving our items and paying the moving fee????

Claims department is a joke and an insult to someone that has lost so much of their belongings. To others with similar issues, you can file a complaint with the Dept of Transportation DOT.

There should really be a class action lawsuit against this moving company. Bad business, bad customer service, just BAD!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: United Van Lines Long Distance Moving Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Monetary Loss: $20000.