WARNING!!DO NOT USE UNITED MOVERS!

We moved from AL to FL in June. Our entire 17,000lbs. of everything we owned sat on a hot, humid truck for WEEKS before it was unloaded and then a water leak was discovered. I was refused seeing my things by Suddath in Clearwater.

Everything on that truck was a perfect breeding ground for mold spores. United in St. Louis HQ encouraged me to sue them and told me I would run out of money way before they did!! Refused mold testing and every day is still a fight almost 6 months later.

Tried to get me to take delivery of smelly, mold ridden bedding and clothes that had been saturated in water. Destroyed antiques. Tire tracks over photo boxes. They did not want to refund me my prepaid storage fees and threatened to charge me $160/per day after that.

Trying to force delivery every chance they got. Outstanding, unpaid claims that took hours to complete. Fought to refund move. I have been on 8 on your side TV News twice!

United promised to pay my full insurance claim….but want me to sign a lengthy release written by a team of lawyers. Be advised, federal law does NOT require you-the victim to sign any release. Beware of the clause- hold harmless without limitation. This means that if anyone for any reason decides to sue United in regards to my case, I would be responsible for ALL of United’s legal fees with no cap.

No one with half a brain would ever agree to that! I am a widow with two minor age children. I write to the CEOs on a regular basis over last 6 months with no response. We still have not been paid and have NOTHING!!

I have had to lay out my own, hard earned money for the basics. United claims they aren’t responsible to refund my out of pocket expenses??? Why is it my responsibility?? I still don’t have coats, pants, furniture-all we had with us was summer clothes we packed in our vehicle.

United does not have trucks inspected. BEWARE. Once I gave my money to United Armstrong Relocation in Huntsville, AL no one cared about our stuff. BEWARE.

I was told my items would be stored in A/C. It is all really climate control-which means up to 90plus degrees!! I won’t stop until I get what we are due. I am not asking for anything but money I paid out to be refunded and to get my insurance money to start replacing our entire household that we lost.

Zero compassion. Worst company ever! We are being treated like the criminal for damage that we did not cause. My husband and my boys’ dad had passed away prior to our move and we have many sentimental items that were on that truck that we have requested to get and attempt to clean and restore on our own-only if I sign that release!

I am getting ready to go back on TV and will continue to expose United and give them the bad press they so deserve. I know I am not alone with my complaint. I will continue to share ways to fight back. Spread the word, if moving-don’t choose United!!!

Christmas has been cancelled this year!Who wants to tell my kids?

Review about: United Van Lines Moving Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: To have my insurance claim paid in full like I was promised..

Had an Experience with United Van Lines?

Comments