Chandler, Arizona
1.3
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I had hired United, who worked with a specific storage company to move and store my furniture for 18 months. The pick up was great, and I paid my $200.00 storage fee each month, and in July was set to have my furniture moved from Fresno, CA to Chandler, AZ. I called United to schedule it, and they informed me that they had severed ties with the storage facility, and my furniture had been moved without my permission or consent.

I still decided to keep with United and a move coordinator scheduled my move. I was required to be at the facility when my furniture was being transferred so I spent 800.00 on a plane ticket to be there. I arrived at the new facility of the storage company on the morning of the scheduled pick-up, as did United, only to find out there was no notification from United to the storage facility that they storage vaults were to be pulled.

Spent hours on the phone with my coordinator that morning, only to be threatened by the owner of the storage company. I had to leave the property and fly back home without my furniture. Several weeks later they offered to have my furniture moved from the facility to a United holding area, where it could stay until a move was scheduled, yet I would have to pay for that on top of the move.

Yes, I eventually got my furniture, but things were badly damaged. Dining room table was scratched up as well as almost all pieces of my bedroom set. Missing items such as hardware for furniture was missing, and boxes were so badly damaged that they were not even in the form of a square any more.

A quote of $5000.00 for the move ended up costing over $8000.00 with all the added expenses that I was forced to incur. Nobody at United could explain why they released my personal property to the storage facility (which moved to a town 100 miles away) without my permission. I was never told about the split between the two companies and would have never given just anybody the rights to move my personal belongings. United never even called to apologize, they just swept the whole thing under the rug and I never heard from them until they charged my credit card.

Product or Service Mentioned: United Van Lines Moving Service.

Reason of review: Whole experience.

Comments